MindSite News welcomes essays and commentary pieces focused broadly on mental health issues. These are our guidelines:
- We will edit them for clarity, brevity and style, post them on our site and share them with our news partners – they also may publish them.
- Your commentaries must be exclusive to MindSite News and up to about 800 words, although we may occasionally publish something longer or shorter.
- Please include your photo and email address for publication.
- Please also include your phone number so we can reach you.
- If your piece is selected for publication, we will ask you to sign a release and a statement that you have read and accept our ethics policy.
- If there is a compelling reason, we will consider publishing anonymous commentaries. But this will be an exception, and we will need to be able to document who you are and understand your reason for requesting anonymity.
- If we do a substantial edit of a piece we wish to publish, we will give you the right to review it.
Send commentaries and essays to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letters to Editor/Reader Reaction
We welcome reader responses to articles and commentaries published by MindSite News. Here are our guidelines:
- The letters to the editor must be exclusive to MindSite News and no longer than 400 words.
- We may edit them for clarity and style.
- Please include the exact headline of the piece to which you are responding and the publication date, along with your name and your city of residence.
- Please also include your phone number so we may reach you.
- If we do a substantial edit of a letter we wish to publish, we will give you the right to review it.
Send letters to the editor to email@example.com.